the Cost of Risk
At Artex, we have built a reputation within the insurance industry and among our international clients for innovative, sustainable alternative risk management solutions that help businesses prepare for the unexpected while moving forward with confidence to greater profitability. Our solutions include a wide range of Insurance and Captive Management services: from the formation and management of Single-Parent Captives, Group Captives, Enterprise Risk Captives, Employee Benefit Captives, Risk Retention Groups, and Cell Captives; to Risk Management services to mitigate losses and improve a client’s risk profile; Outsourced Insurance Management to facilitate a captive’s accounting and processing needs; Corporate Services for investment companies that own insurance entities within the captive; Run-Off solutions to help clients structure deals that generate value, contain loss exposure and save cost; and Direct Underwriting.
Our clientele includes large-scale multinationals and small-to-mid sized operations spanning diverse industry sectors.
Turning the Conversation about Risk into Results
Our goal is to offer clients the ability to gain greater control over managing the cost of their risks by combining the many advantages of a captive structure with customized, comprehensive and responsive insurance coverage to address a client’s unique exposures. We provide independent, specialized expert consultation, including detailed analysis of a client’s risk profile, to assess which vehicle and structure best aligns with their business goals so that they can make informed decisions on how to proceed with managing risk for optimum outcomes.
Artex provides access to all the major captive domiciles as well as many emerging captive hubs. Additionally, as one of the world’s three largest insurance management providers, we are able to exceed the expectations of even the most challenging demands for our brokers and their clients. The breadth and depth of our talent’s expertise ensures that the client’s captive is primed to respond.
Our Management Services
Our market-leading team provides full-service management and support for the lifecycle of the captive – from establishing the viability of the captive option through to setting up and managing the company.
- Initial feasibility study/analysis
- Domicile review
- Arrangement for fronting & reinsurance
- Formation, operation, financial management and regulatory compliance
- Incorporating, registration & implementation
- Operational management – accounting, financial reporting, regulatory reporting
- Coordination of service providers – actuaries, attorneys, financial institutions, investment managers, claims administrators, auditors and tax professionals
- Corporate governance services
- Coordination of service providers
- Insurance underwriting and policy issuance
- Claims services
- Maintenance of captive’s insurance policies and premium records
- Ongoing monitoring of insurance market
- Planning & participation in shareholder and Board of Director meetings
- Consulting services – strategy check, evaluation of all regulatory and accounting considerations, redomiciliation