Solidify your European presence.
Leverage fiscal and speed-to-market benefits.
Managing General Agents (MGAs) and intermediary facilities are increasingly looking to establish a presence in Europe due to the fiscal and speed-to-market benefits they gain. Through European Union (EU) Insurance Directives and local-enabling legislation under either the Freedom of Services or Freedom of Establishment (instituting an operation under a branch basis) law, a licensed EU intermediary is able to write life or general insurance business directly into the EU and European Economic Area (EEA) States.
Artex is well positioned to assist prospective intermediaries with setting up an operation in Europe due to our robust infrastructure and talent in Gibraltar and Malta. We have the knowledge and expertise to facilitate the smooth function of the operation, and the relationships in the region to help put clients in contact with the right people.
Features and benefits.
- Ability to offer Gibraltar & Malta as European Union jurisdictions
- Total control over areas of your strategic management, future growth and expansion
- EU status permits greater freedom than traditional offshore locations
- Tax regime includes the possibility of a reduced net effective tax rate to that enjoyed by other member states
- Excellent communications connectivity, including ease of access to the UK and the rest of Europe
- Comparatively low-cost EU jurisdiction
- Positive approach to regulation of the insurance industry
- Modern and educated infrastructure
Artex has more than 20 years of experience in Europe working in partnership with clients, designing and undertaking feasibility studies and establishing, licensing and managing insurance companies and intermediaries. We provide personal and continuous assistance to our clients – from the concept stage all the way through seeing their business objectives realized.